Monday, April 07, 2008

Soren is growing up fast

He did a 2 years-old and up puzzle of farm animals all by himself today.
His latest phrase is, "I know." He even uses it in the correct context. The first time he said it (sometime in the last couple of weeks), I was telling him something and ended it with, "...you know?" and that was his very matter of fact reply. "I know."

He is also beginning to show more of his independence now. Jared said I had to put this story on the blog, so here it is...

Soren is usually really good about eating his green vegetables, but one day last week he did not want to. He was asking for and only wanting chicken. I told him he had to eat at least one green bean then he could have some chicken and I put the plate of green beans in front of him. He was not very happy about this. He whined and fussed for about a minute saying, "No," repeatedly, then finally gave in and ate one green bean. Then he looked at me as if to say, "Fine. Now hand over the chicken." In Jared's words, "Soren's contractual obligation was fulfilled." I gave him the chicken, he scarfed it down and didn't touch another green bean. It was pretty funny.

No comments: